Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The problem of being single ...

When you start to step into 30s, like me, and still single, there will be a lot of people who are very caring about you. They will wondering why you still single and will try all their best to help you to search for a partner. Sometime I feel so funny since our earth is needed more caring than me. Global warming, natural disaster, war, politics unstable and religious conflicts, those are the hot issue that we need to be taken care of instead of me.

Being single in Malaysia is not a fun thing to be, especially when you want to hanging out alone during the festive session, like Christmas Eve, New Year Eve or Valentine day. All the famous restaurant will be crowded with couples, all the shopping center will be crowded with couples, and I feel I am the alien inside. It force me to go back home and sit in front of the Astro for the whole day. Then suddenly I come out an idea, should it be good to have a restaurant or shopping center that are especially for the single? This will help the singles to increase their social groups.

Being asked by friends or relatives why you still don't have girl friend is a headache, especially Chinese New Year is on the corner. I think I better record down my answer with video clip inside in a DVD format and send to them. Hence, I would not repeat my answer thousand times with them. To me, does it really their issue? This is my life and I think I will know what should I do next.


The situation is different in USA. I don't feel any pressure when I eating alone or walking alone. May be their culture is different where they are more self-center and individualism.

As a result, I think it is good to not to ask or offer any of your friend who is single. I know those people are concern, but sometimes it may mean to the person. I think if I want to know another half now, I will consult and seek help from the persons who concern about me.

4 comments:

k u k u j i o a m a n said...

Lol....

Been single mean FREEDOOMMMMMMMM!!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah.... single is good...hahahha

Anonymous said...

LOL...

SINGLE = FREEDOM!

bravo !

Anonymous said...

I wonder if restaurants or hang out places for single ending up being pick-up places or cupid club... :) Totally agree with you that being single during special occasions are somewhat killing :P