Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bobo and Robert

Mmm... May be someone is curious why this blog is called "bobo-robert". Bobo, is my nick name since I was in secondary school. All my secondary school called me this name. Even when I entered university, my course mate still called me Bobo. This is a very simple name to remember. Even last time there was a male character in the Hong Kong sitcom also called Bobo. Most of my friend thought that I have this name after the show. However, I have this name few years back before the shows. I think I need to patent my name.


For my juniors in secondary school, they prefer to call me Ah Bo. May be they found that calling me Ah Bo will be much more respect.


Things changed when I start working. All the people there like to called your surname. In addition, less people have the surname of Foo in my company. Hence, they usually called my Foo. Like "Foo, your call", or "Foo, where is my pencil?"


Then, when I start to go online for MSN or chatting, people like to ask you what your name. If I give my name as Bobo, they will thought I am a female. Hence, I just simply pick a name as Robert. When I used this name for a certain time in cyber world, I feel comfortable with this name. As a result, I also called myself Robert. Because of this name, I have another Spanish name of Roberto.

No comments: