Sunday, March 11, 2007

So tempting to this New Model of Digital Camera

This is a review I found for this new launch camera in imaging resource website as below:

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX10 is a six megapixel version of its close sibling, the seven megapixel DMC-FX12. It shares the same body, lens, and LCD, at a $30 savings. The only other difference is the selection of colors offered.

The Lumix DMC-FX10 features a LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 3x optical zoom lens with 35 - 105mm equivalent focal range, 2.5-inch 115,000 pixel LCD display, 27MB of built-in memory, SD / MMC card slot with SDHC card compatibility, and power from a proprietary Lithium Ion battery.

The Panasonic FX10 also incorporates the company's "Intelligent ISO Control" system (first seen on the FZ50), which detects whether or not the subject is moving and automatically raises the ISO setting, allowing the camera to shoot at a higher shutter speed when needed. This feature, together with Panasonic's MEGA O.I.S (Optical Image Stabilizer) should help keep blurry pictures due to subject or camera motion to a minimum.

Other FX10 features include ISO sensitivities from 100 to 1250 with the ability to extend this to ISO 3200 equivalent in High Sensitivity mode, shutter speeds from 1/2000 to 60 seconds, and a whopping 20 scene modes (Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Self-Portrait, Food, Party, Candle, Fireworks, Starry Sky, Beach, Aerial photo, Snow, Baby1, Baby2, Underwater, Sunset and Pet). The DMC-FX10 also offers a wide aspect-ratio movie mode with a resolution of 848 x 480 pixels, as well as lower-resolution 640 x 480 and 320 x 240 pixel options, all at rates up to 30 frames-per-second and encoded in the QuickTime Motion JPEG format common on many digicams.

After reading the review, and the advertisement I read in the newspaper, I was so tempting to this slim and stylish camera. To me, the camera is slim, and easy for me to carry the camera around. In addition, the price is under RM1000. I think it is worth to buy since it is using Leica Len for this product.

I think I seldom buy a gift for myself. In conjunction to the bonus that I will get end of this month, I think I will buy this camera as a gift for my hard work through the year of 2006.

Add the same time, I have a digital camera, my first digital camera, which is also Panasonic (DMC-FZ1). This camera I bought at the year of 2003. I like this camera and I have taken this camera to US and China trip before. It still work until now. Although I can buy a newer version of this model of camera. However, due to the budget constrains and the ease of handling, I find that the new DMC-FX10 is much more favorable for this time buying.

No comments: