Monday, February 5, 2007

Have they ever concern of others?

Driving back to Cheras today, after work. The traffic is so jam, and the attitude of the drivers, really shocking me. Everyone want to go back early, but do they ever think that we are all living in the community, not alone.

There was a lady driver suddenly turn to my driving lane without any signal and without checking the car behind her. I was driving in the left lane while right lane the cars were waiting the traffic light to turn green to turn right. Hence, I was driving at a normal speed. Suddenly, they was a women driver who drove the black car cut into my lane and I quickly press the break. "Eep ..." The friction sound between my tires and road can be clearly heard. She drove very fast, like thunder storm. Either she was a pro car racer or not, she still need to consider and think of others who on the road. She was not living alone. We are all living together.

Then, they was a stupid question came into my mind. Why do I always think of others in the road, even when I park. If my initial parking may obstruct the flow of traffic, I will go inside my car and redo my parking again. I want to make sure that my parking do not obstruct others.

However, when I finally drove back near to my house, I tremendously mad about the others that park the car on the road side. The road was 2 lane width. Why they still have to park the car near to the center of the road. Do they really concern about the others.

Because of the selfishness in our nation, the civic consciousness is low in Malaysia. We need to start to think, and ask ourself, what should we do in order for better living together, not for better convenience or living for ownself.

No comments: