Sunday, July 22, 2007

Astro New Talent Quest 2007 - SemiFinal round



Watched the semifinal round for this year Astro Talent Quest 2007. Among the six peoples, they will be four people going into final. However, in order to make the show more interesting, the disqualified two contestant will have a final round of PK contest to fight themselves into the final round. This mean that instead of four contestants, it will increase to five.



Six of them are talented. However, one of the fsvorite that I found who is talented, Derek, miss out to go into 8 Best. I am totally shock to know when I saw that competition since Derek, who look like Leo Ku, was knock out in the competition. In my opinion, some were not as good as him but still manage to go into the subsequent round.

The first out for competition in this semifinal round was Wayne. He sang quite stable. I mean he seems to be playing safe in this round. Not much suprise for me to listen to his singing since he still maintain the similar standard as below, which is stable.

Hsiaoyen be the second contestant that night. I like her voice and personality. She did really sing quite good that night. However, she seems not the favorite for the judges and she was in the border of the disqualification after the judges make the comments.

Zax was next to go. I like his voice in high tone. Last round he just merely lost his opportunity to go to this round due to the inconsistent of his performance. His previous rounds were a bit shaky in the performance, and technically he was not as good as the other two male contestants for this final round. However, he did make us all surprise with good performance and good voice control. The judge commented that that day was his best performance throughout the competition. Although he is not handsome, but he has his charisma in this competition.

Jyin was the fourth to sing. She sing quite well, just that too well in technical until it seems like a machine. The judge comment that she seems a bit fake since she sing too technically until forgot the audience interaction.

Frankie was the next. He was the judge favorite. Frankly, I don't like him since I found that his voice and singing was not unique as Hsiaoyen or Derek. He was quite tension and totally shock the judges with the pitchy performance. All the judges were disappointed.

The last up was crystal. She was so cute that night with that dress. She is my favorite too. However, she likes to sing song that have high difficulty that judges always mentioned to her that those songs were not suitable to her. However, she did sing quite good in my opinion.

After the competition, I think that Frankie and Hsiaoyen would be out in this round. And without any doubts, both were eliminated since both of them are having the lowest mark in the 70s ranges. My poor Hsiaoyen got the lowest mark in that nigh. The twist came in for that night competiton when the judges said that they will give these two contestants a final changes. That mean one of them will be reselect into the final round. I felt a bit wiered and unfair if the judges want to help Frankie go into the final round since he is the "baby" for the judges.

The luck did not belong to Frankie. Hsiaoyen sang quite stable and unique in her voice. However, Frankie chose a risky song and again he failed to deliver it week. His voice was totally out of control and pitchy in some high notes. I was praying that Hsiaoyen will go into final round.

The five judges need to vote who will lucky to join the final four into the final. With no doubt, by the vote of 3 to 2, Hsiaoyen successfully knock out Frankie.


By the way, found this photo in the website for the competition. NaiKong, is my senoir during the secondary school. When I was in school day, I heard the he was very good in piano. Now he was quite active in the music industry. Good luck for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that singular make. The prices for the shoes are about 230 bucks on every site. But finally I set this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm really into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices as regards the shoes are around 210 bucks on every page. But completely I found this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices seeking the shoes were approximately 190 bucks everwhere. But definitively I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what do you think?